Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Literary Genius of J.K. Rowling

I just want to say flat out that I love Harry Potter!
A few years ago, I was obsessed with Twilight and I assured my friend that it was definitely better than Harry Potter. I have since recanted as I have awoken from my fiendish stupor. I finished the 7th book (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for those who haven't heard) last saturday; once completed I literally sat in my chair for ten minutes marvelling at the masterpiece that I had just experienced. Okay, so I'm dramatizing a bit, but hey, I love the books! :) Anyway, I have of course read the books before but each time is a magical (hehe) experience. Besides the brilliance of of the series itself, I have great respect for J.K. Rowling's writing ability and talent. One thing that I especially admire is that way that the authoress ages the characters. As they get older, the humor changes, the emotions are more mature, and the general plot of each successive book becomes deeper. While the later books are much darker than the early ones, personally I think that it takes the series to a new level.  According to Stephen King "will indeed stand time's test and wind up on a shelf where only the best are kept; I think Harry will take his place with Alice, Huck, Frodo, and Dorothy and this is one series not just for the decade, but for the ages"(Stephen King). Although the movies based on hte books are great, they are nothing compared to the books. I have heard people agree with my view that Harry Potter is beyond amazing who have only ever seen the movies and I cannot understand how they can base their opinion on films that barely scratch teh surface of the wizarding world. It's a shame, they are all missing out!
Anyway, Harry Potter nerd signing off,
Mischief Managed
B

No comments:

Post a Comment