Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Whenever You're in Trouble, Just Stand By Me

Hello blog universe :)
Why does it seem I am only capable of posting at six-month intervals? Oh well.
So. A ton has happened since I last posted in February. Probably the most important thing is that I graduated. I am officially an alumna of Central High School! Go Minutemen!. It's so hard to believe that I only spent four years there; it seems like much longer. I think it's because I changed so much while I was there; some for the better, some probably for the worse. I joke with my friends that my poor innocent little freshman self would probably be scared (and rather appalled no doubt) of my senior self. I loved Central and will always remember it fondly, and plan to visit it often, not only to see friends in lower years but also to visit my favorite teachers. '12!

Another thing that happened that's pretty huge is that I FINALLY FINISHED IB! No more stupid Internal Assessments or Extended Essay, and best of all NO MORE FREAKING TOK!! As you can see, I'm pretty psyched about being done. The best part is that I actually managed to get the IB Diploma! By one measly point ;) Take that stupid IBO!! I still think that we should have organized a march on Cardiff where the headquarters are. It's interesting because all throughout I bemoaned my choice of getting into the program and swore if I could go back I wouldn't sign up for such an odyssey. However now I'm not so sure. Sure it was tough and I stressed myself out to the point of affecting my health, but there was a sense of solidarity that arose between all the "IB Kids". Not everyone got along, or even liked each other, but we were still all in hell together. And damn did it feel good to stand up in front of all the parents at Senior Honors Night and graduation with that golden stole knowing that I was a part of something, we pushed ourselves to the limit and succeeded. :)

The summer itself has been both incredibly boring and amazingly fun. When asked, I usually explain it as "the days are super boring, the nights are really fun". Thinking back, that could definitely be taken in a sordid light, but it isn't meant to be. It's just that a group of my friends usually operates at night. I spent the first couple of weeks of summer wandering the streets with a bunch of guys at 2am which is pretty fun. The most exciting incident being when I "crashed" a sleepover of like eight guys and one girl at 4:30 am. I was scared of getting caught, but I'm apparently good at lying through my teeth. :p

Then I got my license, so now I drive around at night with people. :)
The most memorable trip so far was with three of my friends. First we drove to Como Lake at like 11pm which has become somewhat of an informal inauguration within my friend group. Then we decided to drive downtown and go to Mickey's Diner as none of us had ever been there before. Thtat was certainly interesting considering it was my first time driving downtown alone; I was freaked that I was going to get caught accidentally doing something illegal, but luckily they have a parking lot to park in.

Other than that the summer has been fairly uninteresting. I found out my room mate and dorm today, which made everthing seem all that much closer. I guess it's for the better, because in reality I only have just over a month before the world flips upside down.
I guess that's all for now,
Slainte,
B

PS once I start school I'm going to try and write at least once a week to try and stay sane amonst all the madness, but I can't promise to do so.

Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment