Monday, September 13, 2010

All this past week, I have had the urge to sit down before my laptop and "pen" a blog...but every time I have sat down before my computer, I have suddenly become blank and disinterested and turn instead to more amusing web pages. I have no idea why this is, except maybe the fact that I seem to be most often inspired to blog during Philosophy, and I obviously can't blog at that time and have to wait until later thus ageing the juices.
Anyway, the first five days of Junior year have been survived,  with a fairly positive future lingering in the distance. It scares me to think that I am really in my second to last year at Central. When I started high school, I think sub-consciously i thought that high school would last as long as grade school would, and therefore I would know the people for the same length of time. It has been somewhat of a shock realizing that no, it is in fact really only four years of schooling, and in a little over a year and a half, I will graduate and I won't see the same people that I've known since freshman year and there's no guarantee that I'll stay friends with people I've met since I started here, if only because we all go to different schools and become too busy to get together much of the time, thereby decaying connections; something that has happened with a few people from my grade school and junior high. I wish time would slow down and these next two years will be awesome and the end will never come...but time always has a way of speeding up when you really want it to pass in a stately manner...as everyone well knows.
I would just like to say that I am proud of myself (in a not too egotistical way) because I actually went to my first Central football game last Friday. It seems like a small accomplishment, but I had soooo much fun! It was especially cool because it was the annual Battle for the Musket which is a yearly game against our arch-enemy over an actual musket. I really felt like I was part of the school, standing there in the rain shouting and screaming, and cheering our team onto VICTORY! I actually stood for over two hours straight without getting tired...part of which because I was running high on adrenaline ;). I plan to actually go to Homecoming this year (yay!) and I really hope to get to at least one of the soccer games this season...seeing as soccer is my favorite sport.:)
Ok, well this blog didn't go exactly as I was thinking it would, but that's ok.
<3
Slán go fóill
B

No comments:

Post a Comment