Sunday, September 5, 2010

T'is the last rose of summer...

Hey there!
So, it's has finally come, no matter how hard I've tried to push it away, the last weekend of summer. In two days I have to wake up at 6 and get on the bus and walk into that prison school by 7:30. No joke, the school was built in the untilitarian style of  prison. Anyway, aside from seeing friends that I havn't seen in three months, I am not looking forward to starting junior year. At least, my last week of summer has been fun even if it's been less than relaxing. For the last 11 days, Minnesotans and other Mid-Westerners have been experiencing and tasting the delights of the Great Minnesotan Get-Together, or the State Fair, one of the biggest in the country. :) I love the state fair, and I go every year, almost always more than once, an I plan to keep going until I die...maybe from  cardiac arrest caused by excess grease intake. ; ) One of the best (and the most annoying) things about the fair is that on each excursion to the grounds, I always always see someone, usually more than one person, that I know. It was really cool on tuesday, because I got to see one of the guys that I went to grade-school and junior high with and I hadn't seen in over two years. It was a little awkward, but it was still great to see him. The one downside was that for the next few days, I kept thinking about 8th grade and all the preceding years and all the experieces that my class shared. It was really sad to think that we'll most likely not see eachother all together again. :( I was thinking maybe I'd put together a reunion but I don't know because it's a lot of work to put one together. Anyway, the rest of the week was pretty fun becuase I got to go to the fair again and we went up north and visited Glensheen Mansion, Gooseberry Falls, and Split Rock Lighthouse. I love it up by Superior, it's so beautiful even if it was pretty chilly for August.
Hasta la vista!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment