Saturday, November 6, 2010

National Novel Writing Month

Hello people,
so on October 31, I signed up to participate in this year's NaNoWriMo contest. This is where authors (old and new) all over the world attempt the finish a 50,000 word novel by November 30th. This is a huge task, I know, but my friend kept asking me about it and she asked me last year to, so I thought I might as weel try for it. I know that several people have said that this goal is ridiculous and mostly I agree. I think the idea of forcing oneself to write and especially write based on wordcount is a stupid idea. And yet, I find myself doing just that. I beleive I have been sucked into the tornado that is NaNoWriMo and so far besides freaking out becuase I'm behind, it's been somewhat enjoyable. I feel like by forcing myself to sit down and try to get so far each day, I am actually progressing...which is a releif since its taken me six years to reach 30,000 words on my other novel. :) Anyway, hopefully I'll post excerpts from the story...anybody who actually read this please feel free to criticize (constructively of course!) in order that I can get some feedback as I write. Well, I must dash....lots of typing and creative expressing to do!
pray for my insane self in this hour of gravest self-torture...lol
ttyl lovelies
B

No comments:

Post a Comment