Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Authoress

May the rain fall soft upon your fields.

For Christmas I got a book from my aunt and uncle titled The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. I have been reading it over the last week and just finished. Stupid school kept me from reading straight through like I would have preferred, but I'm done now and all I can say is Wow. Many books I sincerely enjoyed, but this book was just...I don't even know. It was ripe with such emotion, especially the last few chapters. These last chapters should definitely be read with a box of tissues, something I didn't know...causing me to run into the bathroom eyes stinging to grab a tissue and relief. The last chapter was filled with so much pain and desperation, my chest was tight...you know in that way where you feel too much to even cry. The last page had the tears falling though. I wouldn't say that the book has a happy ending, but it has a satisfying one...it is a welcome release...it helps free the soul of a heavy burden.
I would 100% recommend this book to anyone who likes historical fiction, romance, mystery, fairytales...It's simply amazing and will certainly take up a new residence on the shelf which holds my dearest friends,

That is all for now,
Much Love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment