Monday, December 10, 2012

But the Isle of home is always on your mind...

I have a very sick obsession.
There is quite literally not a day that goes by in which I do not think of the consecutive seven letters I-R-E-L-A-N-D at least once. Every time that someone asks me if I'm 100%, or even half Irish, I feel like a guilty poser. I'm only a quarter. There are a ton of people all across the country and even the world who are part Irish and never give it a second thought. What is wrong with me?
For eighteen years I've been surrounded by Ireland by nature of being brought up in my house. But so what? I know for a fact that going there three years ago definitely made it worse. I miss it so much! But the thing is, I feel like my brain has taken the concept of Ireland and run with it. I felt this way before we went in 2010, I remember. My dad kept making comments about how I was going to be disappointed in Ireland or how I was going to be bored; I think he was a bit nervous actually. Now I'm just worried that next time I go I'll be disappointed because I've romanticized it so much. It probably doesn't help that I've been taking an Irish and Scottish Lit class. It will be interesting to see how much I think of Ireland next semester; maybe it will decrease. Haha. I doubt it.
Anyway, as I really have  to pee (something I'm sure all of you were just dying to know about), I'll bid adieu.
Much love,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment